2017 Palmetto Council Jamboree Contingent Information
We were originally scheduled to have a workday this Saturday, December 17th. This was the one rescheduled based on the forest fires and the high levels of smoke. Considering the holiday schedules and the potential for inclement weather this Saturday, we are going to reschedule this workday to occur on Saturday, 21 January. This happens to also be the same day as the Council Volunteer Banquet in Boiling Springs which begins at 6:30. We should be done for the day in time for anyone needing to make it to the banquet to get there in plenty of time.
2017 National Jamboree Youth Registration
- NOVEMBER 19TH WORKDAY AT CAMP BOB HARDIN: The workday will run from 9 AM - 4 PM. Boys should bring a water bottle and a sack lunch for the day. Work gloves would also be helpful. Tools will be provided. Scouts who work the day will receive $100 towards their Jamboree fee. Please RSVP to John Lodmell (firstname.lastname@example.org) to attend.
Youth Participant Qualifications
- Scouts and team members MUST have a current BSA membership with a Boy Scout troop or Varsity Scout team.
- MUST be at least a First Class Scout.
- MUST be at least 12 years of age by the first day of the Jamboree or an 11 year old that has graduated the 6th grade, but has not reached their 18th birthday by the last day of the Jamboree.
- Be approved by the unit leader and local council.
- MUST have appropriate parent/guardian to complete the online parental consent. (An email will be sent to the parent/guardian during the application process.)
- Participate in pre-Jamboree training experience with local council and unit leader.
- Filed a BSA Health & Medical Record with their council within one year of attending the Jamboree. (The local council will provide specifics closer to the Jamboree.)
- Submit all registrations fees per the local council’s payment schedule.
1. Go to the Jamboree Website to submit an application.
2. Use the below payment button to place a $200 Deposit. The overall cost of the event will be $1,400.
3. Once the deposit has been received, applications will be approved.