2016 Aquatics camporee
May 13-16, 2016 // usc Upstate
- Scouts participating in the Merit Badges: $20
- Scouts just camping: $15
- Scouts coming just to take the swim test for summer camp on Friday: $5
- Adult Leaders: $0
what you need to know
- Scouts using the pool must complete the BSA swim test Friday evening. Troops should sign up for a swim test time at check-in. The swim test is offered from 5:30-7:30.
- Scouts not passing the BSA swim test will not be eligible to participate in the pool section of merit badge. They may take the classroom section and receive a partial badge completion.
- All scouts are expected to be swimmers. The pool sessions are skills test and are not intended to be “learn to swim” classes.
- We are offering Swimming Saturday morning and Lifesaving Saturday afternoon. Swimming requirements for Second & First Class Rank will be included.
- Only Scouts who have previously earned the Swimming MB are eligible to take the Lifesaving MB. A Scout may not take both badges during this event.
- Class sizes are limited. Preference will be given to Daniel Morgan and Three Rivers units until April 30, 2016.
- Movie Night / Cracker-barrel on Saturday
- Service project will be included
- This camporee will be a “Leave No Trace” event.
- Pack out what you brought in—including trash
- No campfires allowed
How do I register?
- Any parent or Scout Leader can register a Scout.
- Each troop should have at least two adult leaders registered.
- Registration is not complete until online payment has been received.
- Leaders who are registering multiple Scouts can pay all at one time.
- Once a course is full, it will not allow you to register.
- March 1 - April 30: Daniel Morgan & Three Rivers District Units
- May 1-13: All Units