2016 catawba District
Merit Badge College
february 20, 2016
york tech college chester campus - 525 college place, chester, sc 29706
Notes on The Courses
- 2016 Catawba District Merit Badge College is offered to give Scouts an opportunity to explore new interests and earn Merit Badges.
- All classes require you to read the handbook before you arrive and bring it with you. Scouts should bring blue cards signed by his Scoutmaster. Some classes may require the Scout to bring a letter to class from Scoutmaster to confirm completion of a requirement.
Check-in will begin at 7:45 and end at 8:15
Classes run from 8:30 – Until done, or 8:30 – 12:00 and 1:00 until done (Usually done around 4:00 or 4:30)
Each class cost $2/Scout.
Crime Prevention, Fingerprinting, and Traffic Safety will be completed in one class. The Scouts will be taken to the Sheriff’s Department for these classes. Scouts will not be able to attend if the permission slip is not brought with them.
All Scouts are required to be in Field (Class A) uniforms. Bring a change of clothes in case they are needed.
Each Unit must have 1 adult per every 8 Scouts. Scouts must behave in a scout like manner. Disruptive youth will be removed from class and put with their leader for the remainder of the day. Scouts must bring pen, pencil, merit badge worksheets, and any other materials necessary.
How do I register?
- Any parent or Scout Leader can register a Scout.
- Registration is not complete until online payment has been received.
- Leaders who are registering multiple Scouts can pay all at one time.
- Registration fees only include the class. Lunch is NOT provided.
- Walk-ins will be limited to space availability and registration for walk-ins will be$5.
- Merit Badges are subject to change or be cancelled based on class minimum and counselor availability. Check the website frequently for the latest details on the event as we will be adding prerequisites, merit badges, and updated information throughout the registration period.
- Scouts 1st class rank or higher may register for any Merit Badge.
- Note: All Eagle required merit badges are only offered to Scouts 1st Class rank or higher excluding First Aid.
- To register, click the merit badge name, then click add to cart, and enter the Scouts' information. Continue to click add to cart if you wish to add other Scouts to the same badge or additional badges. Once class selections are final, go to the cart in the top right corner of your screen to check out. Registration is not complete until payment is received.
- Once a course is full, it will not allow you to register.
- January 10 - 31: Palmetto Council Units
- February 1 - 17: All Units
- February 18-20: Late Fee ($5/Scout)