Sips, Sweets, & Stories!
November 10th, 2016 at 6:30 pm
Brakefield at Riverwalk
1111 Brakefield Drive, Rock Hill, SC
Come join us for our Inaugural Women for Scouting Dessert Fundraising Event to benefit our Scouting programs in the York District.
Lean how your support helps the Scouting program that enhances the young men of this community and helps make sure every Scout can participate in activities that foster character and lifelong values. There is no cost for this event. We hope you will be inspired to partner with WFS to help benefit York District Scouting programs. RSVP by November 1st to Taylor Thomas (email@example.com)
- Event Time: 9 am to 4pm on Saturday October 22nd for the general public
- Troop Set up: Friday the 21st 6pm to Saturday 9am.
- Location: Merinos Factory Outlet, corner of Hwy 9 and Hwy 21 in Fort Lawn S.C.
- Registration: $8.00 per person (includes patch)
- The event will be held in the field adjacent to Merinos (Note: no open ground fires) and tent camping will be allowed.
- Each Pack and Troop will be designated a location to set up either a display or game. Packs may want to set up a craft or game for participants. Troopscan set up a display related to a merit badge (rope bridge, cooking, STEM)or community service.
- We are inviting the general public to come and see what scouting offers the community. There will also be static displays for Fire and Police Departments and local businesses. Each Pack and Troop will be judged on their booth and should have the following: Pack/Troop Number, explanation of display, craft, game or service project. Booth should show Scout Spirit!
Date: October 22, 2016
Location: Advent United Methodist Church
2258 Woodruff Road
The learning environment at a MBU is very much like a regular school day divided into two 4-hour teaching sessions making it possible for the typical scout to work on at least two different merit badges, Cyber Chip, or Tenderfoot rank badge requirement during the day. Scouts will be able to sign up for two sessions.
Are you a first year Scout that missed Summer Camp? A session will be offered to cover requirements that Scouts have an opportunity to complete at Summer Camp.
All Scouts are welcome to attend. Scouts can sign up individually or as a Troop.
Information about the event and registration for all merit badge classes is available online at www.meritbadge.info.
Email Troop776MBU@gmail.com with questions about the event.